To Become Bigger, Become More Agile...
As the largest social security organisation in the world, [SIC serves 14.3 million worker family units, over 55.5 million beneficiaries and more than 4.6 lakh employers under the ESI Scheme. The Scheme provides Insured Persons and their dependants with world-class, need-based healthcare benefits, along with various cash benefits, at the cost of a small contribution from his wages. Today, ESIC's network of healthcare facilities, spread across the length and breadth of the country, is considered to be one of the largest in the world:
• 149 ESI hospitals and 42 hospital annexes
• 1402 ESI dispensaries and 1540 panel clinics
• 610 Branch Offices and 187 Pay Offices
• 7301 Medical Insurance Officers...
To Ensure Convenient Service Delivery, Innovate... Today, India's economic scenario remains on a healthy course and more employees and employers are coming under ESI scheme as never before. The number of transactions between employees, employers, [SIC and concerned banks, hospitals, dispensaries and other empanelled healthcare centres, which runs into millions every month, is growing faster everyday. The demand for more convenient and efficient delivery of healthcare services on the one hand, and the internal need to streamline, inter-connect operations and enhance efficiency of operations on the other, all made its necessary to utilise the power of Information & Communication technology.
To Enhance Efficiency of Operations, Click!
Thus was born the idea of "Panchdeep," a multi¬tasking, multi-location and multi-faceted IT-enabled ERP-cum-Beneficiary-centric system, that was undertaken by M/s Wipro Technologies for further development and implementation. Starting as a humble pilot project in a couple of centres, Panchdeep is an online nationwide network of [SIC facilities andservices, effectively bringing ESIC to the citizen's desktop.
Project Panchdeep comprises five distinct parts, each of which plays a crucial role in bringing the Corporation and its services closer to its stakeholder, with a click of the mouse:
Services related to identification, authentication and verification of IPs and their family members
Services related to hardware for data centre, disaster recovery, desktops/ PCs/ laptops/ printers and middleware
Services related to IT support and Medical Information System for the hospitals and dispensaries
Services related to ERP modules — Finance, HR, Legal, Procurement, Health Insurance and DMS. All employers related processes through e-Forms
Services related to provision of networking and bandwidth. As all processes and institutions of ESIC have been computerised and inter-connected under Panchdeep, compliance has become easier for employers and the benefits more convenient to access for employees.
For Employees After duly capturing the data of each IP and his family members, two biometric identity cards are issued -- one for his family members and the other for himself,
CLICK ANYWHERE, ANYTIME CONVENIENCE
through which the IP and his dependants can avail of healthcare and cash benefits from anywhere, anytime, even if they are living at different locations. The IPs can also check their contribution status and can avail ESI scheme benefits at their convenience. Around 80 lakhs cards already issued to the IPs and beneficiaries For Employers For employers, Panchdeep has been a big boon as they can sit in the comfort of their homes or offices and avail all ESIC services, instead of physically going to ESIC premises.
• Register their companies under the ESI Scheme online
• Register their employees under the Scheme
• Generate and take print-out of challans for payment at designated banks
• Generate and take print-out of Temporary Identity Card (TIC), Acknowledgement Slips, and other data
• Pay contributions online (under implementation)
• Monitor health records of employees
• Update employee/ employer data and other documentation.
Automatic Maintenance of Form-6 Register
All returns, information like Accident Report, Annual Information Returns, etc. can now be conveniently filed online. Employers can register their companies and employees from anywhere anytime using the following steps: -
• Create Login User ID/ Password for registration
• Existing employers can obtain Login User ID and Password by applying online, or
• Through written request — the Login User ID and Password will be sent to their e-mail address or postal address through Speed Post.
More Convenient Registration for New Employers Now there is no need to send any application in hard copy and then wait for the allotment of Code No.
• Log on to www.esic.in
• Click Employer Registration link to reach Employer Registration For 01
• Fill up the form properly
• Upload scanned copies of documents (Voter ID Card, Passport, PAN, Certificates, etc.)
• Obtain Employer's Code No. online and take a print of it.
Simpler Registration Process of Employees by Employers
• Log on to www.esic.in
• Fill up Employee Declaration Form
• Upload the scanned documents as required
• Insurance No. will be automatically allotted once all particulars are fulfilled
• Take print-out of TIC for employees, which can be used to avail the Scheme benefits till the Pehchan cards are delivered.
Total Convenience in Depositing ESIC Contributions
• Simply enter the worker's wages and number of days worked
• The system will automatically calculate the
contributions of the employer and employee
• You may print a challan to pay at the designated bank through cash/ Cheque/ Demand Draft
• Automatic maintenance of Form 06, providing monthly wages and contributions paid/ payable Six monthly returns of contributions not necessary
• Entitlement/ other details of each IP is available for all ESI hospitals and dispensaries.
Benefits of Project Panchdeep
• One card accepted at all ESI hospitals and dispensaries
• Card and Insurance No. remain valid even after change of employer
• Faster processing of claims
• Improved operational coordination
• Reduction in operational cost
• Better and faster service delivery
• Well-informed decision making
• Online registration of employers
• Online filling of employee details
• Online contribution payment activated
• Online filling of monthly returns
• Faster and timely delivery of service.
Spreading Awareness About the Benefits of Panchdeep amongst the stakeholders Even though Panchdeep has been implemented almost fully in all the centres, some employers may still find the online experience a bit unnerving due to their unfamiliarity with computers. However, such employers don't have to worry as there is help available:
• ESIC officers are there to help employers and employees who wish to use the system
• Panchdeep Help Desks at ESIC offices, hospitals and dispensaries
• Panchdeep Support Teams help employers familiarise themselves with the system
• Conferences and seminars for ESIC staff, employers and other stakeholders
• Process of registration, payment of contributions, etc. can also be done the old fashioned way. However, after a while it would become mandatory to do so online.
Website Developed By Accudata Tech Solutions Pvt Ltd.
The site is best viewed in 1024 X 768 resolution. The site is compatible to IE 7 and above browsers